In this old home, built in the late 1920's, Harvey Elmer Dopson and his wife Iris Fain Nail Dopson lost an infant in 1928, raised twin boys born in 1930, farmed, supplied milk and eggs to Red Hill School, ran a country grocery store just south of this old home in the 1930's, 40's and 50's and worked in the Tallassee Mills during World War II. They left this old home in the 1990's to live with their son Arnold Dopson in Tallassee until their deaths in 1992 and 1999 respectively.