This home located at 3876 East Cotton Road was built by Ivora "Ivy" Taylor in the early 1900's. There was once a water mill on the creek nearby as well as a tannery that made shoes during the Civil War. Bertha Mae Hall Smith, the wife of the previous owner, Russell Smith, was born and also died in the same room of this house. The current owner is the son of Russell Smith, Lynn Smith.